Do you want some tea?

[REVIEW] TONYMOLY - Tony Tint Delight
Sunday, 7 February 2016 | 24 comments

Be prepared for yet another lip tint review!!!

This is one of the first tint I've ever tried and apparently it's quite popular too!! Ha! Who would have known that a randomly selected product would be so popular?


This is the latest upgraded packaging. Hehe. ^^
✿ ❀ ✿ Description ✿ ❀ ✿



Tonymoly's Tony Tint Delight comes in a thin transparent bottle (which is great because I can see how much product is left) with cute doodles across the bottle. Its simple design makes it great for travel for touch-ups.





A little detail that Tonymoly has incorporated into the design is how the lid crevices into a heart shape. It goes well with the heart-shaped doodles on the bottle of the liptint. Little details such as these can really make the product.

Balancing...



The sponge-tip applicator is attached to the lid. The applicator is long so that it can be able to reach the bottom of the liptint bottle when you're running low on liptint and to make sure you use all of it.

Features of the lip tint.

✿ ❀ ✿ Colour + Swatches ✿ ❀ ✿

Tony Tint Delight are available in three colours, pictured above. The one in my possesion is #1 Cherry Pink.


Instantly, you can see how vivid and vibrant the colours are and the pigmentation of the lip tip. The lip tint glides on very easily. The texture of the tint is like a thinner and less sticky version of lipgloss. I guess, the only way I can describe it is like a jelly before it sets? If that makes sense.

A perk of this jelly-like texture is that it makes it so much easier to apply. I'm not too sure about everyone else, but I always have trouble getting tint onto my upper lip. Gravity doesn't help either, so tints that have a thinner consistency will always drip down form my upper to my lower lip, making my lower lip super pigmented whilst my upper lip remains colourless and lifeless.

Dammit, Gravity!

So this consistency prevents the tint from dripping downwards, making application easier.

 

The colour left behind when absorbed by the skin.

✿ ❀ ✿ Application (How to Use) ✿ ❀ ✿

Here are some tips provided by Tonymoly themselves to make application of liptint better for your desired look.



Usually after I apply the tint onto the center of my lips, I blend it outwards using my finger. And the tint ends up staining my finger.

Why?!

Sometimes, I swear to God, more tint ends up on my finger than on my lips.

On the lips
Bare lips

Thin layer of tint across center of my lips

Thin layer of tint across entire lips.

Unlike the other lip tint colours that I have, this colour is a more deep and purplish colour. I didn't expect the colour it came out with, it was pretty. I dare say that I like the colour more than the colour in their promotional photo!

Trust my word on this, but the colour looks sooooo much better in real life. No photographs can do justice for the look that it gave my lips.

✿ ❀ ✿ Thoughts ✿ ❀ ✿
If I had to make a comment about this liptint, it would go along the lines of: This is the standard for all lip tints. All liptints should at least have the features of this liptint if they ever want to viewed positively (well, at least in my books).

One thing that surprised me though is that this liptint performed better than I expected it too. Honestly speaking, I bought this product on a whim since their promotional pictures really weren't selling it. But, it turned out to be a great impulse buy. ^^

Overall, it's a great product. The only issue I had was during application. Normally, after applying the tint onto my lips, I blend it out with my finger to create a gradient effect. And the gradient ends up on my fingers ALL THE TIME. Why?!

✿ ❀ ✿ TL;DR ✿ ❀ ✿
Pros
  • Smells nice
  • Pretty Colours
  • Moisturizing
  • Decently pigmented
  • Looks better in real life
  • Texture & Consistency makes application easy.
Cons
  • Leaves ring around mouth
  • Most of it ends up on my fingers when blending.

 

✿ ❀ ✿ Rating ✿ ❀ ✿
4/5

This product was nearly perfect. If it were more longer lasting, then no doubt, it would have achieved perfect score.

✿ ❀ ✿ Repurchase? ✿ ❀ ✿
Yes, in the other colours (even though there are only 3 TT)

✿ ❀ ✿ Your take ✿ ❀ ✿

Have you tried this product? Do you like it?
What's you favourite colour?
What tint should I try next?

Just want to let you guys know that I will be busy with school stuff for most of the year so expect some irregular posts.
- - - - - - - - -

Click the image to follow me on GFC
Follow me on bloglovin and my main and side blogs on tumblr & GFC or maybe you could check back everyday for updates. Hehe.

Labels: , ,