Do you want some tea?

[REVIEW] TONYMOLY - Pure Eco Aloe Gel
Monday, 4 January 2016 | 8 comments


In my quest to find Nature's Republic's Aloe Gel, I stumbled across this product. The kind lady in the shop had informed us that this product id good for sensitive skin and acne (this piqued my interest) as it does not contain lots of chemicals.

This was the first aloe gel I've tried so bare in mind that I do not have anything to reference it too.


✿ ❀ ✿ Description ✿ ❀ ✿
I had almost finished the product when this photo was taken.

The product comes in a 300mL plastic tub with a screw on lid of aloe vera gel and also a tub with a plastic seal in the tub to prevent leakage of the gel.

I didn't manage to get a picture of the plastic seal as I accidentally dropped it into the bin near my dresser when I was using it once. At that point, I decided that the lid wasn't worth salvaging.


I didn't manage to get a photo of the gel in the tub, so I'm just using one of the photo that Tonymoly's site provides.

The gel itself is see-through and is very light just like the photo above. If you tilt the jar, the gel will move with it. As the product does not come with a spatula, in order to get the gel out of the jar, you would have to dip your fingers into the jar before applying it to the skin. Pretty unhygienic if you ask me.

For extra information, click here.

✿ ❀ ✿ How to Use (Application) ✿ ❀ ✿

As you can see the gel is clear. The gel is light and smooth and can be easily spread.


After spreading and rubbing it in a little, the gel had already started to become absorbed by the skin. I don't know if you can see it or not, but there are droplets of the gel of the surface of my hands.


After patting the product onto my face (for better absorption) my skin had fully absorbed the gel, leaving my skin supple and hydrated.

✿ ❀ ✿ Thoughts ✿ ❀ ✿

I incorporate it into my daytime routine by mixing it into my bb cream to achieve to beautiful light and dewy look. On days where I don't leave the house, I just use this product on its own. I also use this in place of a night cream after I have applied toner, sunscreen etc.

The product does partially satisfies its claim on it being soothing. Once I apply it to my face, it instantly gives off a cooling sensation. However, it did not reduce the redness of my face or my acne. But the other day when I had this mad rash that was SOOO itchy, I applied it to my skin and it stopped any irritations that occurred. My skin was still red though. Hmmm.

I don't really have issues with this product. But, my only issue with this product is that when I use it on its own, it does leave a weird sheen (do not mistake it for dewy). Therefore, I don't tend to reach for this in the mornings but instead use my regular day cream.

✿ ❀ ✿ TL;DR ✿ ❀ ✿
Pros
  • Inexpensive - got mine for $10 AUD in a Korean cosmetic shop
  • Can be mixed with foundation / BB cream to give a dewy complexion
  • Doesn't leave dry spots
  • Soothes my skin (especially after being chilled in the fridge)
  • Doesn't have lots of chemical (if that made sense)
  • Cooling
Cons
  • Leaves a slightly sticky feeling
  • Unhygienic. Honestly, this product should be marketed with a spatula
  • Leaves a weird sheen when used alone in the daytime.


✿ ❀ ✿ Rating ✿ ❀ ✿
3.5/5
It is a decent product that does the basics at an affordable price. If you are looking for an aloe vera gel to try. This might be a good product to start with.

✿ ❀ ✿ Repurchase? ✿ ❀ ✿
Yes, but I'm on a lookout for other aloe vera gel products right now, so it may be a while before I buy this product again.

✿ ❀ ✿ Your take ✿ ❀ ✿
Have you tried this product?
What aloe vera gels would you recommend?

- - - - - - - -

Follow me on bloglovin and my main and side blogs on tumblr & GFC


Labels: ,