Do you want some tea?

[REVIEW] Peripera - Peri's Tint Water
Saturday, 9 January 2016 | 7 comments

  
*sigh* Blogger should really improve the image placement. It was so hard to get the images above to sit like that.

Ever since I have gotten into Kpop and Kdramas, I have always seen this beautiful gradient lips that looked like you had been sucking on a raspberry flavored lollipop. Eventually, I discovered that tints were mostly used to do gradient lips.

Lots of research was done and I eventually concluded that Peripera Peri's Tint Water was one of the best lip tint available - well, according to all the brilliant reviews I've seen anyway. So I decided to get a tint in the colour #1 체리 죠스 (cherry juice).

✿ Description   


This lip tint is available in 2 sizes - 6.5 mL and 8 mL. The one in my possession is the smaller 6.5 mL one. Upon arrival, it came in a beautifully packaged box, which I threw away...whoops. So no picture guys, if you want to look at the box, you would have to look it up. But who really cares about the box anyway? You should be caring about the product. *firm*

The bottle itself is made out of glass with "peri's tint" printed around the border of the glass bottle. The lid of the bottle has a cute image of a lady with bright lip colour to draw attention to the lips - which in its own way, is telling the buyers the effect of this product? Idk okay?








When you open the bottle, you will notice a sponge tip applicator on the lid of the glass bottle. Also, notice that the lid is the screw on type.

The scent of the product is also very sweet and very candy-like, like most Korean cosmetics.

   Colours   


#1 Cherry Juice
#2 Pink Juice
#3 Orange Juice
#4 Mandarin Juice
#5 Candy Juice

Can you see the difference in colours in the fonts?

I must say, the colours available is so pretty. Makes me want to get them all. You know, initially, the colour I was going to get was #5 Candy Juice but it was out of stock at the time. Boohoo! Lol, but then all the items that I want is always out of stock hehe.

So in the end, I settled for #1 Cherry Juice which I will be reviewing today.

  ✿ Swatches   

The tint has a watery texture that is true to its name and is very runny. The tint itself is also very pigmented.

Please ignore the scab.
This is how it looks like once it has dried. The colour payoff is fantastic and only a little product is needed to get it the way you want it to look.

  ✿ Application (How to Use)   
Excuse the poorly taken picture. It's hard to take close up photos of my face on a DSLR on my own.

Bare lips. Ugh...there's no colour on them. Yuck. But look at them full lips. Haha
As you can see there is slightly a bit of product around the center of my lips. Well, that's because I've already put on the products and taken the pictures of it on my lips (see below) before I realised that I haven't taken a before pictures. So I sloppily wiped of the lip tint and the this picture. Hehe.

Some product applied to the center of the lips.
HOW TO: Gradient
1. Apply lip tint on the center of the lips
2. Blend it out.
3. Apply another layer of lip tint to the center of the lips and press your lips together
4. Apply lipgloss.

I attempted to do a gradient lip that day, if you could even call it an attempt, but obviously it failed. It failed bad. *I'm still learning*. But I did manage to do it the other day. It is possible guys. It is. 

If you compare how my lips look with the tint than without (remember to take consideration of the slightly different lighting), you can see that the tint has indeed added colour and life to my lips.

Full lips. *It looks like a gradient here* *cries*
HOW TO: Full lips
1. Apply lip tint onto lips and blend out with finger to ensure lips are evenly coated.
2. Repeat step one with another layer of lip tint until you are satisfied with the colour.
3. Apply lipgloss/lipbalm for a beautiful shine.

After applying about 2-3 layers of lip tint, it gave a very bright and intense colour which I absolutely adored.

**TIP** Use lip concealer before using the lip tint to intensify the colours.

  ✿ Thoughts   
I love this liptint and it is one of my favourites. It is a very versatile that could be used to complete all sorts of look. Its versatility also allows it to be a lip tint and cheek tint. As it is also very buildable, you can obtain different intensities of the lip colour.

Besides that, the tint is also super long lasting (can last up to 6 hours without touch-up) very natural-looking. It is also very affordable (which I love *broke student here*) and smells very pleasant.

However, my only complaints are that I had a very hard time getting the colour on my upper lip. Whenever I apply the tint on my upper lip, it always transfers down to the lower lip and in the process, it gets on my teeth, making it hard to remove. Also, despite it smelling really nice, it's SUPER bitter. It's something that I did not expect.
   TL;DR   
Pros
  • Pretty Colours
  • Long lasting
  • Natural-looking
  • Dries fast
  • Affordable
  • Smells pleasant.
  • Can be used as a cheek tint.
Cons
  • Had trouble getting colour on the upper lip
  • Bitter and gets on teeth if you don't apply it properly
  • Drying
  ✿ Rating   
4/5

I took away a point because I had trouble getting the colour on my upper lip and also for the fact that it is extremely bitter. Blehh. However, besides that, it is one of my favourite tints and will continue to be a favourite of mine. Hehe

  ✿ Repurchase?   
Hell Yeah. In fact, I would like to own all the colours.

  ✿ Your take   
Have you tried this product?
What is your favourite colour?
What lip tints would you recommend?

- - - - - - - -

Follow me on bloglovin and my main and side blogs on tumblr & GFC or maybe you could check back everyday for updates. Hehe.

- - - - - - - -

Btw, anyone here hooked on The Real Housewives of New Jersey and Beverly Hills. A newly launched channel in Australia is airing the show from its first season and I am hooked. Lol.

Labels: ,