Do you want some tea?

[REVIEW] It's Skin - Babyface Mellow Stick Eyeshadow
Monday, 18 January 2016 | 30 comments

You know how online shops provides discounts when you buy over a certain amount or how they give free shipping if you pay over a certain price for the total amount. 

Yeah, this product was purchased to fill up the remaining amount to get over that price.....to get the free shipping. Hehe (>.<). In other words, yes, this was an impulse buy.

Guilty as charged.

So this is how the product looks like. *Official picture*
Today, I will be reviewing it's skin babyface mellow stick eyeshadow. Ugh, even the name is cute.


✿ ❀ ✿ Description ✿ ❀ ✿
Here we have an eyeshadow stick. It's made of two components the main body (contains the product) and the lid. There are cute doodles on the lid of the eyeshadow stick and the brands logo (it's skin) on the main body of the eyeshadow.

The lid of the eyeshadow stick has the colour of the eyeshdow on it. At first, I thought that the eyeshadow on the lid was actually part of the eyeshadow stick, but then I realised that it was just meant to display the colour,

The main body of the eyeshadow stick is twistable to get more of the eyeshadow out.

So apparently this eyeshadow is suppose to be smudge-proof and water-proof. Well, we'll see about that.

✿ ❀ ✿ Colours ✿ ❀ ✿


These are the colours available to choose from. The colour that I will be reviewing today is #02 Golden Champagne. Pretty names for pretty colours.


✿ ❀ ✿ Swatch ✿ ❀ ✿

The product is pigmented and very glittery.



✿ ❀ ✿ How to use (Application) ✿ ❀ ✿

The concept of this product is simple. Twist, Apply to the eyes and blend until you are happy with the look you've just created.

The way I used it was to add sparkle to my eye. So after I applied an eyeshadow base and the colour I wanted onto my eyes. I used the it's skin babyface mellow stick eyeshadow on top of it on the center of my lids and blended it out to give a shimmery look. *see below.


You see the glitter on my lids, yup, that's the work of the stick eyeshadow.

Blurry photo. My apologies.
✿ ❀ ✿ Thoughts ✿ ❀ ✿
Let's start with the good aspects of this product. The colour itself is quite pretty. Furthermore, it is indeed smudge-proof and water-proof, plus it also lasts the whole day (even with me constantly rubbing my eyes throughout the day). It is very blend-able so the colour can be concentrated in one area and blended out.

The packaging of the product is convenient and very easy to use. No sharpeners are needed as it is twist-able.

If I had to make a complaint though, it would be about the colour. Before I made the purchase (remember I was online shopping), I was expecting this beautiful sheer eye shadow with a hint of shimmer that would be perfect to use as a base just like in the image above (see colours).
Let's just say that I was surprised.
There was no colour. Basically, it was just glitter. And it was the glitter that gave the colour, nothing else. So since the product was basically glitter, I couldn't use it as an eye shadow, the only way I used it was to add some sparkle to my eye makeup.

Even if I were to use it as a eye shadow, there would be way to much glitter on my eyes.

But other than that, it's a good product.

✿ ❀ ✿ TL;DR ✿ ❀ ✿
Pros
  • Blend-able
  • It is smudge-proof and water proof
  • Easy to use
  • Twist-able, doesn't need sharpening
  • Glitter is a pretty colour.
Cons
  • Product is just glitter.
  • Had fallouts from the glitter.

 

✿ ❀ ✿ Rating ✿ ❀ ✿
3.5/5

The rating might change depending on the colour.

✿ ❀ ✿ Repurchase? ✿ ❀ ✿
This is a great eyeshadow stick. It's very portable and convenient to use but maybe in another colour?

✿ ❀ ✿ Your take ✿ ❀ ✿
Have you tried this product before?
What's your favourite colour?

- - - - - - - -

Follow me on bloglovin and my main and side blogs on tumblr & GFC or maybe you could check back everyday for updates. Hehe.

Labels: ,