Do you want some tea?

[REVIEW] ARITAUM - Style Pop Pudding Tint (Old Formula)
Sunday, 24 January 2016 | 39 comments



Not to sure if you guys have caught on yet, but I'm obsessed with lip products. Lip tints, lip gloss, lip sticks, and the lists goes on. So whenever I go out shopping, I'm also drawn to the lip section in every store. It's as if a magnet is pulling me there.

Me and lip products were made for each other. ðŸ’„💘



✿ ❀ ✿ Description ✿ ❀ ✿
The product comes in a completely opaque plastic bottle in the colour of the lip tint. The name of the lip tint colour is labelled across the lip tint bottle in a cutesy font. The size of the bottle is similar to the 6.5 mL of Peripera Peri's Tint Water.


A doe foot sponge applicator is attached to the screw-on lid of the bottle. The scent of the lip tint is sweet and candy-like. The colour of the tint in my possession is #3 Tango Red.

✿ ❀ ✿ Colour ✿ ❀ ✿

#1 Polka Pink
#2 Swing Coral
#3 Tango Red
#4 Lollipop

✿ ❀ ✿ Application (How to Use) ✿ ❀ ✿

The tint was incredibly had to swatch since it kept being wiped away by the applicator. Darn. But you can kinda see the colour of the tint and the opacity of the tint which is quite sheer in my opinion.

Also, the colour is different from the Tango Red that I had imagined. It was so much more pink than it was red. I was a bit disappointed with this.

Bare lips
Thin swipe across center of lips

Another thin swipe across the full lips.
The colour is so sheer you can barely see any of it on my lips. The applicator made it so hard to apply. On a good day, you might be able to get the look that you want.

✿ ❀ ✿ Thoughts ✿ ❀ ✿
The first thing I have to mention is that the colour is completely different from what I had expected. #3 Tango Red was not tango red. If anything, it look more like #1 Polka Pink. Yeah, so I was a bit disappointed there.

The pudding texture was a very interesting texture, I must say. It made it easier to apply the lip tint onto the lips as the tint does not run everywhere unlike water tints. I didn't have a problem getting a problem onto my upper lip so that's a plus. Two thumbs up from me. However, the applicator made it difficult to apply since it kept swiping away the colour, so getting the colour to be even was almost impossible. Gahh. So sometimes, you would be able to get the colour real nice, but other times, the colour would be unevenly distributed.

One good thing that I have to say is that it is extremely moisturizing and made my lips look healthy and plump. I did not have to apply any lip balm afterwards.

I tried mixing liptints once using this liptint and the Tonymoly liptint that was deep purple (if that makes any sense) and it looked fabulous. *heart eyes*

✿ ❀ ✿ TL;DR ✿ ❀ ✿
Pros
  • Moisturizing
  • Pleasant scent
  • Taste nice
  • Affordable
  • Sheer but build-able
Cons
  • Applicator kept swiping away the colour
  • Doesn't have any staying power.
  • Can't see how much product is left
  • Colour was different from what was advertised. (Not too sure about other colours though)

 

✿ ❀ ✿ Rating ✿ ❀ ✿
3.5/5

Overall, I wasn't very impressed with the product. The cons outweighed the pros considering the pros are a standard for almost every lip tint on the Korean beauty market. The colour was pretty, but it was not the one that I wanted. Getting the lip tint to sit where you want it can also be difficult. And oftentimes, I would have to use a LOT of the lip tint to get the vibrancy and colour I want. However, it does look good when you mix it with other lip tints. I'll probably keep mixing this lip tint with other ones to see what looks good.

✿ ❀ ✿ Repurchase? ✿ ❀ ✿
Maybe not. But I heard that they came out with a new formula for this product after I purchased it. And apparently, the new formula is way better than old formula. Plus, it apparently also comes with a better applicator.


Maybe I'll give it another chance. 
Who knows?

✿ ❀ ✿ Your take ✿ ❀ ✿

Have you tried this product?
The old or new formula? Which do you prefer?

- - - - - - - -
Follow me on bloglovin and my main and side blogs on tumblr & GFC or maybe you could check back everyday for updates. Hehe.

Labels: , ,